I sometimes feel my middle name should be Procrastination as I partake in it that often. I literally am the worlds worst for it. So when I spotted this tag over on We Were Raised By Wolves ... whilst procrastinating! I knew I had to do it.
1. You must copy and paste these 'rules' onto your post when you write it, it doesn't take long!.
2. You must state that this tag was created by 'The Beau Bow' and link www.thebeaubow.blogspot.com
3. You must thank the person who tagged you at the start of your post (link their blog as well) - follow them if you're feeling nice!, and then at the end of your post state who you tag, and then comment on their blog on their latest post to let them know you tagged them, and link your post so they can see what to do.
4. Title this post 'The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger TAG' so everyone knows what it is about.5. Have fun!
1. Name a beauty regime that you rarely do?
Much like Evelyn of We Were Raised By Wolves it would have to be my eyebrows. I normally spot they need plucking when I am applying my makeup and think that I need to remember to do them, but always forget. I also rarely fake tan, though more out of choice than laziness... though when I do decide to apply fake tan in summer I don't keep it up, which is due to laziness!
2. Is washing your make-up brushes something that you do regularly?
I'm not so great with keeping up with washing eye brushes but face brushes such as foundation, contour and powder brushes do get a regular clean. Mainly for hygiene reasons as I feel dirty brushes can contribute to spots but I also feel a used foundation brush doesn't apply foundation as nicely as when it's freshly washed. I use to wash my brushes while in the shower but I now use a super cheap brush cleaning glove (post here) which makes washing my brushes a lot quicker!
3. How long will you last with chipped nail polish?
For me I either have painted nails or I don't. As soon as my nail polish starts to chip I remove it. However for nail posts I have been known to paint just one hand so the other hand will either not match or be un-painted!
4. How long will you put off buying/replacing a beauty product, even if you need it?
If it is an essential such as shampoo, deodorant, soap I actually re-purchase before the product runs out so I am actually really good on that front. However if it's a makeup or skin care product I'm not so good. For example at the moment I have the smallest smashed up bit of Bourjois Bronzing Powder left which I love and use daily but for some reason I still haven't replaced it! Also when I run out of my favourite perfume it takes me months to repurchase it as it feels too much like a treat.
5. What is your worst beauty habit?
It isn't something I am keen to admit but my worst beauty habit is squeezing any spots on my face I have or even noticeable black heads. I thankfully don't get as many now but from time to time I do get the odd spot and I really can't help but 'get rid of it' as I'd prefer a red mark on my skin than the actual spot. But I do realise it is bad for my skin and can cause scarring!
6. Name something non-beauty related that you put off doing all the time?
That would be washing my clothes - that sounds so bad, but don't worry I don't go around in dirty clothes! It's just that I'd prefer to wear all the clothes I have then do lots of washing than do it a few times a week. I'm really coming across as quite lazy in this post but I feel like it is such a chore to do.
7. When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready to the last minute?
If I am going somewhere special I will start getting ready a few hours before as I hate feeling rushed. But in general if I am going out shopping etc I normally start getting ready right at the last minute, then I am late. I blame the internet for this as I am always either blogging or watching videos on YouTube.
8. Can you commit to spending bans?
I haven't ever made myself stick to a spending ban however I do know when to curb my spending.
9. How organised is your make-up and nail polish collections?
I always feel both my makeup and nail polish collection could be more organised due to lack of storage however over the past 6 months I have purchased more storage from Muji and Ikea and now I'm pretty pleased with it. My daily makeup is stored on my desk in clear acrylic Muji drawers and most of my brushes are stored in Ikea plant pots - you can see images of my makeup storage here & here. As for my nail polish it definitely isn't as organised as it's currently stored on the floor of my makeup room in different beauty boxes. However I am hoping to purchase some Ribba Picture Ledges from Ikea which is a storage idea I mentioned in this post.
Feel free to copy & paste the questions (even use the image I created above) and do the tag for yourself if you have a beauty blog. If you do the tag make sure to leave a comment with the link so I can have a read.