I've been wanting to try out paint splattered nails for ages now, however it seems like a lot of hard work and also kind of messy!
So me being supposedly 'savvy' and all, I came up with a probably just as messy idea... but slightly more fun and prettier. It looks a lot more delicate than having a paint splattered effect and a lot less nail arty and more wearable.
Now as I say... it is kind of messy so you will need at least one face wipe/baby wipe and something to do it on like the back of a magazine. You will also need your nail polish of choice and a loos powder pigment or Barry M Dazzle Dust!
I used a Barry M Dazzle Dust in Brass (100) £4.50 and the nail polish is by Beauty UK in Smokey Lilac £1.79.
1) Firstly you need to give your nails one coat of nail polish.
2) Once dry you can apply the second coat.
3) Next before your nails dry (so you have to be quick) you need to scoop out a small amount of the pigment/dazzle dust (I do this with the end of a spoon) and tap the pigment below the bottom of the nail onto the skin, just below the cuticle.
4) You can either place the pigment on every finger all in one go or do one nail at a time.
5) Then you basically blow the pigment in the direction of the nail. Really simple!
At this stage your nails will look something like this!
6) Next, before cleaning everything up - I apply a top coat so not to remove any of the dust from the nails while removing it from the skin.
7) Once the top coat has fully dried to can then use a wipe to remove all the dust/pigment from around the cuticle area or you can just wash your hands!
It's that simple!
I think this would look really good with a really gold pigment on black nails or a bronze pigment on berry coloured nails!
Labels: Nail Tutorials , NOTD , Review - Nails